Monday, July 7, 2008

A Tribute to Sek Jia Yuen

Yesterday morning when I was at 1 Utama having my breakfast, I overheard a family talking about a sad incident that happened in the school about a week ago. Being a busy body I probed further and discovered that the very brave student from 2 Matahari had passed away on a Friday morning (27th June 2008) due to long sickness. For those of you who don’t know him, he comes to school in a wheel chair and is loved by everyone in his class. Speaking to the family's children I met at the breakfast, I also discovered that despite his handicap in the school, he had never asked for sympathy nor want to be different. All he wanted was to be a normal student like everyone else. He is always full of smile and is very positive in life. I have met him a few times when I go to the school to fetch my children and he is always smiling and happy when he sees me.

To the Pengetua, I greatly respect and admire your compassion in this matter when you break the news to the students. I am sure that the family of the late Sek Jia Yuen would appreciate all the kind words that you have said about Jia Yuen.

For Sek Jia Yuen, you will be missed but never be forgotten and always be remembered as the classmate and school mate that brings smile and courage to all the students in SMKBU4.

This post will be removed after 7 days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why remove????

Anonymous said...

The schools first lost of a student. I quite pity him sitting on the wheelchair all day, but at least he's surrounded by a lovingly class who is willing to push him around.
God bless Sek Jia Yuen.

Anonymous said...

yeah, why remove aft 7 days?

Anonymous said...

Must remove lor. This website cannot have anything positive regarding the Pengetua now, can it?